The Institute of Strategic and International Studies (ISIS) Malaysia
The Institute of Strategic and International Studies (ISIS) Malaysia invites applications from suitably qualified Malaysian citizens for the following position(s):
The Economics, Trade and Regional Integration (ETRI) Division is seeking motivated candidates of excellent quantitative, qualitative and writing skills, with an established background in economics and/or public policy.
- Degree in Economics or an economics-related field of study from a recognised university; with an advanced degree being desirable
- Work experience of between 4 and 6 years for Analyst-level applicants, and 1 and 3 years for Researcher-level applicants in a direct or related field; with prior public policy experience being preferable
- Past experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods is very much needed
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with statistical analysis and software packages, especially Stata and/or R, is highly preferable
- Track record of past publications related to economics and/or public policy would be highly desirable
- Having established areas of specialisations/interest within economics and public policy would be highly desirable
- Excellent command of both written and oral English, and good command of both written and oral Bahasa Malaysia; working proficiency in other languages is desirable
- Good communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Conduct independent research and analysis on various issues of interest related to economics and public policy
- Produce research output, including academic papers, policy briefs, think pieces and presentations
- Monitor global, regional and national economic developments on a regular and timely basis
- Plan and organise conferences, roundtables, seminars and forums on economic issues
- Engage in ISIS Malaysia’s Track Two diplomacy activities with international and regional counterparts
- Assist in the preparation of high-level speeches, lectures and presentations
- Perform any other task as required by management
In the carrying out of these duties and responsibilities, high standards of quality, professionalism, timeliness and integrity are essential.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a writing sample of not more than 750 words along with a comprehensive resume that includes contact information for three (3) academic and/or work references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials will be carefully reviewed, and interview decisions will be based on how closely an applicant’s background and experience matches the needs of the open position.