Institute of Strategic & International Studies (ISIS) Malaysia
ISIS Malaysia was established on 8 April 1983 as an autonomous research organisation, focusing on foreign policy, security studies, economics, nation-building, social policy, technology, innovation and environmental studies.
As a premier think-tank, ISIS Malaysia engages actively in Track Two diplomacy, and promotes the exchange of views and opinions at both the national and international levels. The institute has also played a role in fostering closer regional integration and international cooperation through forums, such as the Asia-Pacific Roundtable, Asean Institutes of Strategic and International Studies, Pacific Economic Cooperation Council and the Network of East Asian Think-Tanks.
- To provide policy analyses on Malaysia’s strategic interests, and on regional and international issues, with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region
- Areas include security studies, foreign policy, Southeast Asian politics and military affairs
- To promote rapid and sustained economic growth and equitable development
- To develop actionable policies and to spur institutional change
- Macroeconomic policy, trade and investment, banking and finance, industrial and infrastructure development, and human capital and labour market development
- Focused on changing demographic and socio-cultural trends in Malaysian society
- Effective nation building and fostering greater national unity
- Strategic foresight, collaborative research and policy advice to the public sector, businesses and policy audiences
- Technology, innovation, environment and sustainable development
- Green growth; energy, water and food security