An annual event held at the end of the year to facilitate decision makers to formulate well-informed strategic decisions in the coming year
Institute of Strategic & International Studies (ISIS) Malaysia
ISIS PRAXIS 2013
Knowledge for Action in the Coming Year
8 November 2012, Doubletree by Hilton, Kuala Lumpur
(Download brochure here or register online at www.aep.com.my )
SEMINAR OVERVIEW & PROGRAMME
This one-day high impact meeting offers you and your organisation fresh insights into specific and current topics from our panel of distinguished speakers.
How Slow Can We Grow?: World Economy in 2013
The latest growth numbers are decelerating not only in Europe but in the US and China as well. At the same time, there is renewed tension on public spending, deficits and debt levels of several EU countries and its possible spread across the globe
With a new government in some of the major economies, what concerted political and economic effort can be taken?
Year of the “Big Squeeze”?: Malaysia in 2013
Can public spending be reduced in 2013 and the private sector takes over thereby preventing a severe economic contraction? Would the on-going global economy continue to weigh on Malaysia’s growth performance? What is the limit of the government’s policy to handle another crisis?
Doing Business in Myanmar
What do Malaysian businesses have to be aware of when first entering the Myanmar market? What are the relevant government policies and regulations to investors? What is the real cost of doing business in Myanmar?
Malaysia’s New FTAs: How Businesses Benefit
The purpose of this session is to understand the main provisions of the agreements (FTAs & Trans-Pacific Partnership), including the Dispute Settlement Mechanism and the Rules of Origin. The focus of discussion will be on services, intellectual properties, government procurement and other key sectors that will most likely benefit the Malaysian business community.
Political Outlook: What Now?
This session will examine the political situation in Malaysia’s state of leadership, the Barisan Nasional and Pakatan Rakyat’s respective policies and manifestos. If the 13th General Election has been held, this session will analyse the election outcomes and the implications for the various political stakeholders. If the 13GE has not yet been held, the session will evaluate the prospects for both sides of the divide in forming the new federal and state governments.
- Y.B. Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysia
- Datuk Noharuddin Nordin, Chief Executive Officer, Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA)
- Ms Susan Kahwati, Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner, Australian High Commission in Malaysia
- Mr Nor Zahidi Alias, Chief Economist, Malaysian Rating Corporation Bhd (MARC)
- Dr David Fernandez, Managing Director, JP Morgan, Singapore
- Mr Mangal Goswami, Deputy Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF) Singapore Regional Training Institute
- Mr Ibrahim Suffian, Programme Director, Merdeka Center, Malaysia
- Assoc. Prof Dr Andrew Aeria, Lecturer, Faculty of Social Sciences, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Mr J Jayasiri, Senior Director of Multilateral Trade Policy and Negotiations, Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), Malaysia
- Mr Ye Min Aung, Secretary-General, Myanmar Rice Industry Association (MRIA)
- Mr Aung Naing Oo, Director General, Directorate of Investment and Company Administration, Myanmar
- Ms Tricia Yeoh, Director, Business Development and Research, Dynamic Search Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
NOTE: The organiser reserves the right to change the programme and speakers in the best interest of the seminar.
Before 8 October 2012 : RM980.00 per person
After 8 October 2012 : RM 1088.00 per person
Register 3 or more participants and get a 10% discount
CONTACT / TO REGISTER
Call: +603 6211 7009/ 9002/9008/012-568 0087
Fax: +603 6211 9003
Register online: www.aep.com.my