The Institute of Strategic and International Studies (ISIS) Malaysia invites applicants from suitable and qualified Malaysian citizens for the following positions:
- Master’s degree in Economics/Political Economy from a recognised university;
- At least seven (7) years of work experience in a direct or related field;
- Experience in policy making is an asset;
- Excellent command of English and good command of Bahasa Malaysia, both written and oral. (Knowledge of other languages is desirable);
- Proficiency in use of the Microsoft Office suite – Word, PowerPoint & Excel; and
- Knowledge of statistics, statistical analysis and basic econometric methods and packages;
- Good communication skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct independent in-depth research in one or more areas of economic specialization and interest;
- Monitor global, regional and national economic developments on a regular and timely basis;
- Make approved presentations and give reasoned and balanced opinions on economic issues;
- Assist in the preparation of high-level speeches, lectures and presentations;
- Plan and organize conferences, roundtables, seminars and forums on economic issues;
- Engage in project-lead fee-based consultancy work or special research assignments;
- Perform any other tasks as may be required by management.
In the carrying out of these duties and responsibilities, high standards of quality, professionalism, timely and integrity are essential.